As Florida residents, we enjoy nice weather year-round. If you enjoy spending a lot of your time at home outdoors, you may benefit from rescreening your outdoor living area.
Check out these 4 reasons you should consider rescreening your outdoor Florida room in areas such as Plant City, Wesley Chapel, Lakeland, and other central Florida cities.
1. A screened room keeps your central Florida pool clean.
If you have a pool in your patio area, you may be debating about whether or not to screen it in. Some owners prefer to have an open pool area because they don't have to worry about torn screens or the accumulation of mildew. While these are valid points, the benefits of screening your room often outweigh the cons. Consider the benefits of rescreening your Florida room with a pool:
- It keeps bugs and leaves out: If your backyard is dense with bushes and trees, the wind and rainfall can bring natural debris into your pool. Even if you currently have a screen, rips and tears it has can prevent it from keeping bugs and leaves out of your pool. Make it easy to keep your pool and pool deck clean by investing in a new screen for your patio area.
- It protects from slips and falls: If your Florida room with a pool is screened in, your pool and backyard play area will be separated. With this separation made distinct, you will be able to better monitor your children's activity and keep them safe from accidental slips and falls.
- It offers sun protection: While you should still lather up with sunscreen, patio screens can block out anywhere between 30 and 80 percent of the sun's UV rays.
If you are on the fence about getting your outdoor Florida room rescreened, we strongly recommend you take the leap, especially if you have a pool installed.
2. A screened room offers privacy.
If you get a lot of use out of your outdoor area, you may want a degree of privacy. A new porch screen offers a barrier from nosy neighbors and passersby. This way, you can watch TV, swim in your pool, or grill outdoors in peace.
3. A screened porch is easy to maintain.
Your current screen may be severely ruined because of mold damage or tears it has sustained over the years. Once you get a new screen, it should last for a while as long as you take good care of it. Maintaining the condition of your new porch screen is very simple as long as you follow a proper cleaning routine, which could look something like this:
- Move furniture away from the screen. Relocate portable furniture outside the area if possible.
- Vacuum the corners and edges using a crevice vacuum attachment.
- Stand inside your porch area. Use a hose to spray the screen. Begin at the top and work your way downward.
- Use a soft-bristled brush, mild dish soap, and warm water to gently scrub each screen panel. Rinse with the hose when you are finished.
Try to implement this cleaning schedule at least once a month to keep your new screen in good condition.
4. A screened room offers insect protection.
With a screened-in outdoor room, you will be protected from pesky mosquitoes and other common bugs in the Plant City area including:
- Palmetto bugs
- Stable flies
- American dog ticks
- Florida carpenter ants
- Florida predatory stinkbugs
Do you need your Florida room rescreened? Give our team a call today.
Our team at True Aluminum designs and installs screen rooms and lanais for residents in Wesley Chapel, Plant City, Lakeland, and the surrounding areas. If you need your current Florida room rescreened, give us a call at (863) 804-6021 for a consultation.
Let's hear your thoughts.
We want to hear your opinion, let us know what you think!
Thanks for your comment!
Thanks for your feedback! Your comments have been successfully submitted! Please note, all comments require admin approval prior to display.
Error submitting comment!
There is a problem with your comment, please see below.